Sunday, December 27, 2009

Express Yourself: Through Poetry

All About My Life Poem
By: Anonymous

My tears sting, as they fall off my cheek
The feeling of the weight of the world on my shoulders crushes me
No room for air, my lungs longing for a breath
That feeling only caused by my mother’s words of insult
They hurt me; they cut deeply into my heart
Only those that come from her lips can feel so sharp and painful
I escape to the only light that keeps me warm
When I am left alone and cold, my friends, and my niece,
They make me smile, they make hope blossom in my heart
They are the twinkle in my eyes
They help me up when I’m down, and keep me going
When I want to give up and for that my love
For them overflows inside me
But when I can’t speak my mind, I spill my emotions and my thoughts
On paper, like magic, I go to a different world with my pencil as a wand
What I couldn’t say, what I couldn’t show is then known
When I write, I break the chains that bond me to reality
But in my reality there’s more night than day, more sad than happy
For my dad has tainted my life and poisoned my soul with such anger and hate
That I could not bare, that drove me away and made me fear change
But that time has past, it has gone with the wind, lost in the ocean
Never to be felt again
I’m becoming someone new, someone better, who’s going to shine as bright as the sun
And be all that I can and want

No comments:

Post a Comment